Frequently Asked Questions.

What Information does Fast Flow need in order to provide an accurate quote for a shipment?

Number of Pieces, Unit of Measure for Weight & Dimensions (L x W x H), commodity, supplier’s address with zip code, whether or not pick-up is required, origin and destination of shipment. Click Here To Request A Quote

What documents do you require to ship my cargo?

We require a commercial invoice from the supplier which states clearly the supplier’s Name and Address, the Consignee/Buyer’s Name and address, and the description of the goods being shipped.

If the cargo is Hazardous , Bonded or requires any kind of special handling, other documents will be required. In these cases, please contact us for consultation.

Does Fast Flow offer insurance for cargo?

Yes. Fast Flow offers full coverage maritime insurance for both air and ocean freight, import and export. Fast Flow only offers insurance for freight that we handle.

How are freight costs calculated?

Freight rates (air & ocean) vary between different origins and destinations. Freight costs are normally calculated by multiplying the freight rate by either the actual weight or the volume (volumetric weight) depending on whichever yields greater. Ocean freight rates are usually quoted per weight or measure, W/M. (W being 1000kg and M being m3 (35.32 cubic feet), whichever yields greater.) For a quote, you would need to advise the commodity, value of goods and country of origin.

Can you pick up from US supplier?

Yes, we do pickup and delivery within the US for Commercial Cargo.

What is the “Ship To” address?

“Your Name/Company”

c/o Fast Flow Inc.

8045-8055 N.W. 68th Street,

Miami, FL 33166

United States

Can you consolidate cargo?

There is a 30 day FREE STORAGE period at our Miami warehouse. As such, your shipments can be consolidated from various suppliers, thus saving on freight charges.

Is there a subscription / membership fee?

No there isn’t, we are one of the few companies that allow you to use our services when you need to without the additional cost.


Can I deliver on weekends?

Our office hours for delivery are Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5.00pm.

However, if you require delivery on weekends this will be at an additional cost. Please request a quotation in advance.


What documents/requirements are needed for importation into the US?

1.    Commercial Invoice: This document details the transaction between the buyer and the seller, including a description of the goods, their value, and terms of sale.

2.    Packing List: A detailed list of all items included in the shipment, including quantities, weights, dimensions, and any other relevant information.

3.    Bill of Lading (B/L) or Air Waybill (AWB): These documents serve as receipts for goods shipped by sea or air, respectively. They include information about the shipment, such as the consignor, consignee, and goods being transported.

4.    Importer Security Filing (ISF): Also known as the “10+2” rule, this requires importers to provide certain information to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at least 24 hours before goods are loaded onto a vessel destined for the US.

5.    Customs Bond: A customs bond is required for most commercial shipments valued over $2,500. It ensures that duties, taxes, and fees owed to the government are paid.

6.    Importer of Record (IOR): The entity responsible for ensuring that imported goods comply with all relevant laws and regulations. This could be the buyer, seller, or a third-party customs broker.

7.    Harmonized System (HS) Code: A classification code used to identify the type of goods being imported. This code determines the applicable duties, taxes, and regulations.

8.    Certificates of Origin: Some goods may require a certificate of origin to verify their country of origin for preferential tariff treatment or other purposes.

9.    Permits and Licenses: Certain products, such as agricultural products, firearms, pharmaceuticals, or chemicals, may require specific permits or licenses to import into the US.

10. Additional Documentation: Depending on the nature of the goods, additional documentation may be required, such as sanitary certificates, phytosanitary certificates, or certificates of compliance with specific regulations.